Wednesday, June 26, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: The Composure “Singled Out”

$6 to Download // Free to Stream
 
            These are six covers of some of my favorite songs from being a teenager.   They are, in order and with original artist:

1)     “Slide” (Goo Goo Dolls)
2)     “No Rain” (Blind Melon)
3)     “Badfish” (Sublime)
4)     “Flagpole Sitta (Harvey Danger)
5)     “The Way” (Fastball)
6)     “Closing Time” (Semisonic)

            I really wish I had seen more of these six bands live.  I, like many others, never got to see the original (and only version that matters of) Sublime.  I somehow missed out on Blind Melon live also.  I feel pretty confident that I never saw Semisonic or Harvey Danger, but I might have seen Fastball once.   I also distinctly remember seeing Goo Goo Dolls open for Bush with Veruca Salt.   Ahh, the days.

            “No Rain”, which is a particularly mellow song, is sped up by The Composure, so you do have an idea of what you’re in for by listening to that song (I listened to that one first for some reason), as these are not direct covers so much as this band’s version of these songs, which by all means is not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment