Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: The Illegal Wiretaps “Symphonies For Susan (Denton Texas Was Heaven Until We Left Paradise’s Gates without Doing Anything Wrong)”

The Illegal Wiretaps “Symphonies For Susan (Denton Texas Was Heaven Until We Left Paradise’s Gates without Doing Anything Wrong)”
Name Your Price Download

<1> “Symphonies for Susan I” – A nice drum machine beat, which can resemble New Order at times, and also there are some different noises going on in the background as well.  I like this synth part at 1:30.   It still has that haunting noise in the background that makes me feel like some ghost is yelling or sad. 

<2> “Symphonies for Susan II” – Now this song is just on some Scooby Doo shit right here.   Would it be wrong for me to describe this as Halloween sound effects?  Oh and now it’s turning ever so slightly into 8bit.   Now a drum machine is bringing back a somewhat less haunting version of the earlier noises and the 8bit piano type loop is still going on as well.   I’m pretty sure that I’ve compared The Illegal Wiretaps to the WWE theme song for The Brood before and that is definitely coming out here again. 

<3> “Meeting in Person” – I like the drum machine we start off with.  It’s got a nice beat for sure.   This reminds me of an instrumental version of that song where the female voice sings “I always feel like somebody’s watching me” and it has an equally creepy vibe.   Could this be in a horror movie?  Could the cymbal crashes be reminiscent of Jason Voorhees?   Yes, but if this is Symphonies For Susan, why do all these songs keep making me think of horror movies?  Well, now we’re almost turning new wave.   

<4> “Turtle Dove” – And here comes the heavily distorted synth that Trent Reznor raised me on.   Oh, and now it just turned into some relatively clean synth.   Hmm.   And we come back to the heavily distorted synth.   This song seems to just be alternating between the two styles, which I’m used to happening over the course of an entire album but not as much during a single song. 

<5> “Public News” – And now we’re sounding a little 8bit here.   With strange vocals at that.   This could almost me seapunk if not 8bit, but it’s somewhere between the two I’d say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment