Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SBSR: Drones In Love “Love is a Gentle Noose E.P.”

Drones In Love “Love is a Gentle Noose E.P.”
Name Your Price Download

<1> “Sweet” - Rock electronic beats to start us off.   Then this riff (I want to say guitar) comes in and sounds like Nine Inch Nails.   And then the automated vocals return from the beginning.   Then I heard this beeping noise, but it ended up being this CD player that I got built in with an alarm clock.   It’s kind of possessed.  It has two alarms in it and one night at about 1 in the morning it started going off and woke me up.   Now it’s going off at about 2:45 in the afternoon.   Thing of it is, both alarm switches are in the “off” position, so I don’t know.  Back to the music. 

<2> “A Gun to My Head” – We begin with a steady beat, another NIN sounding riff and some vague vocals that sound like a ghost haunting me.  Then we get into this prog rock/industrial type beat.  And now the voice of, I don’t know, someone scary, is coming out.   It’s like the damned Cryptkeeper is rapping over a beat.

<3> “Lorena” – Isn’t this a city in Texas?  This is a nice piano back and forth so far, like something out of Donnie Darko.    And here come those vocals that shall forever haunt my sleepless nights.   Seriously, we just went from Donnie Darko to The Exorcist.  

<4> “Switchblade Kisses” – The opening guitar riff kind of reminds me of a helicopter, which is kind of like the song title, right?   This is a pretty choppy electronic song, but I still like it.

<5> “Can’t Get Out of Bed” – I prefer to think of this as being a reference to being depressed rather than being on Sally Jesse Raphael.    These synth beats should help get you up and moving, buddy.    This could be stadium rock if it wasn’t so sad. 

<6> “Please Don’t Leave” – This song sounds like it has been set to vibrate.   Still in that industrial category though.  And this time, the beeping is in the song!

No comments:

Post a Comment