Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SBSR: Bored Spies “Summer 720” (KittyWu Records)

Bored SpiesSummer 720” (KittyWu Records)
 
<1> “Summer 720” – This begins with a nice melodic, drumming intro.   Then the female vocals kick in and it maintains that sort of nice and lovely quality.   There are some drums on this and just light harmonies, but yeah, this is kind of indie pop rock.   It could be like That Dog.   “There’s nothing out there”.   So true.  It’s why I try to avoid leaving my apartment as much as possible.    Could this song be chillwave?  Perhaps.  It’s definitely chill.   This also has elements of Element 101 in it, if you will allow me to say “element” twice in one line of this review.    As chill as it is, it’s also rather depressing by the lyrics, in spite of having a somewhat upbeat sound to it (albeit slow), so I do like that about it as well. 

<2> “ µ¦ÖT+áE” – No, I don’t understand the song title either.    This opens with a bass line then comes into a guitar circles and the female vocals return.   Remember The Cardigans?  Bored Spies could be a less annoying version of that band.    “And I’m holding you with me”

No comments:

Post a Comment