Monday, April 1, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Slap Bracelets “Bloody Wrists”

Slap BraceletsBloody Wrists
 
                Does anyone else remember the first time that slap bracelets were popular?   Then all of those kids died and they went away.   Yet, somehow, they made their comeback because apparently they’re somehow safer now.   I mean, they must be safer since people are definitely not getting smarter.   But yes, I had at least one slap bracelet in my day but I couldn’t recall what it looked like.   However, at my parents house there does exist a slap bracelet currently that has Animal from The Muppets on it. 

                So this is four songs of distorted sort of alternative rock with female vocals.   Think like L7 only, you know, a bit more complex.   The first song is original, but the other three are covers of songs by Ramones, Depeche Mode and Deerhunter.    If that isn’t diversity for you then I don’t know what is.

                This EP definitely rocks though.  I want to hear more from this band now.   Simply one of the best covers of “Enjoy the Silence” I’ve ever heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment