Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: The Illegal Wiretaps “Venus and Adonis”

The Illegal WiretapsVenus and Adonis
                Keeping with the theme of Adonis and what you would picture in the most mainstream sense to be Russell Crowe in the movie “Gladiator”, it is no surprise to me that this album begins with a song that resembles the theme music of Chris Masters from WWE, who some would argue is a modern day Adonis. 
                From that song we go into “Sisyphus”, which likes to repeatedly tells me I am nothing but a fucking slave and that I don’t exist, which I suppose does wonders for somebody’s self-esteem, but hey, not mine because I do in fact exist (sadly) and I am fine with the small slavery roles that I do play. 
                This album is also very synth heavy, which becomes apparent on songs such as the sixth track, which can be very dancy and like New Order. 
                The last song is named after a past release that has seemingly disappeared, “In Memoriam of A. Takopoulos”, so I guess I should have been reviewing these all more quickly from the start and in the proper order.   Yet, here I am and maybe one day questions about missing releases and what happened to them (I assume they were combined with newer releases) will be answered.   Just not right yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment