Monday, July 9, 2012

SBSR: bloody knives “disappear”

bloody knivesdisappear
Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
<1> “you know you want to” – This opens up really fast.  I like it.   And here come the distorted sort of Filter-like vocals I enjoy of bloody knives so much.    He’s singing the title, and that’s cool.   This is kind of like the Stabbing Westward song “So Wrong”.   (Look it up)
<2> “I want to be the one to blame” – We open with some more techno type of beats, but you can really hear the industrial coming through here.   I’ve never heard Front242 (Sorry) but I imagine this is kind of what they sound like.   Maybe?  This is kind of like the same formula as the first song only with different lyrics and a slightly different musical pattern.
<3> “ill never leave you alone” – This song starts with a different sort of distorted synth chaos than the first two, but it still seems to be keeping the tempo.    He sings this title line like Frampton though.  (“It’s like his guitar is singing, man”) 
<4> “my blood is in your veins” – I love the way this song starts.   If I was a professional wrestler I would want to come out to a loop of the beginning of this song.   It’s like a mix between The X-Files and this sort of crime drama music, like when you hear it you know somebody either died or is about to die.   Yeah, I’d use the portion of this song before the vocals kick in as entrance music any time I had to enter somewhere.   It’d be badass.  
<5> “disappear” - Now we’re banging it out fast and heavy.   Let’s go run someone down in the Thunderdome.   I do hear more Stabbing Westward in this song than Filter.  
                This is a solid EP by bloody knives, and as with all of their music I’ve heard thus far I have not been disappointed.   You can and should download “disappear” for free from their Band Camp site.   You won’t regret it.
Recommended Downloading Level:  4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment