Monday, July 16, 2012

MP3 REVIEW: Dead Uncles / The Credentials “split 7- single” (86’d Records)

Dead Uncles / The Credentialssplit 7- single” (86’d Records)
                The first of these two songs is called “Constant Disappointment” (I’m assuming, since it is misspelled “Contant Disappointment” on my Windows Media Player info) by a band called Dead Uncles.    The song is a gritty sort of punk rock style that reminds me a lot of Hot Water Music.   But you know how Hot Water Music has that sort of indie rock quality to it still?   This is sort of a more straight-up punk rock sound than what you’d expect from HWM.   When I first heard about what HWM was to sound like I actually thought it’d kick into a song like this eventually but they never quite did.
                On “Sulk” by a band called The Credentials I hear a bit more of the band Propagandhi via their song “Nation States”, which is something that I absolutely love so of course I enjoy this song also.   The belting out of the raspy vocals makes my ears pleased.
                Two songs you can download for free from Band Camp and I’m actually going to look into seeing if I can find any more music by either of these bands to review.

Download this split for free or link to buy it here:
http://86drec.bandcamp.com/album/dead-uncles-the-credentials-split-7-single

No comments:

Post a Comment