Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MP3 REVIEW: The Anarchist Pizza Society “No God, No Slices”

The Anarchist Pizza SocietyNo God, No Slices
                The first song clocks in at just under a minute and it’s about testing the mic.   It’s amusing and I suppose as an opening song to the album or a hidden track at the end it works.    After that, we enter a world of seven acoustic guitar driven songs that have primarily male vocals on them but sometimes female as well.   They also sometimes break out a harmonica.   Yes, you could think of Bob Dylan, but other times, such as on “Two Ships”, it has a certain Simon and Garfunkel quality to it.
                Musically this isn’t at all what I was expecting based upon the name.   This is not the crust punk shouting “fuck the government with my Molotov cocktail” that the name would imply, but I still like it for what it is.   I also like the name because it makes me question which I like more:  anarchy or pizza.  

No comments:

Post a Comment