Friday, June 15, 2012

SBSR: Cuts EP

Cuts EP
Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
<1> “In “ - This starts off as instrumental noise, but then turns into some piano stuff with clicking sounds mixed in.   Then it ends abruptly, as it’s barely over a minute, and we’re into the second song.
<2> “Fish” – This song is a bit more lively and upbeat.   There is a definite rhythm to it that I’m feeling.  Still instrumental, but less on the noise.  And there goes an old telephone ring or something to prove me wrong.   Yeah, there are some non-traditional noises in here, but it works on some sort of mambo level or salsa maybe I don’t know.
<3> “Butterfly” – I don’t know why, but this sounds like it was made using an iPhone.   That pretty much sums up the song.
<4> “My Garden – Some more sort of noises, kind of like a cross between the second and third songs. 
<5> “Panda House” – This starts off with a funky Indian noise and some bass in the background.   Let’s get this club hoppin!!   Then it turns into a more musical, melodic piano sounding riff. 
                I like the last song the best, and the three before it aren’t too bad either.   The first seemed unnecessary though.   If you’re into the instrumental/noise-ish genres, then this is for you.
Recommended Downloading Level:  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment