Thursday, May 24, 2012

MP3 REVIEW: CHAIRS “Buzzing Surgeon’s Air Drill”

CHAIRSBuzzing Surgeon’s Air Drill
                The first song has a lot of whistling in it so it reminds me a lot of the seven dwarfs.    “Time to Rise” is a song that makes me think of Pink Floyd.    After that the second get quiet and sound more like background noise for a while.   “The Native Wind-Death Ceremony” picks back up a little bit, but offers no vocals.   “Itch in the Missing Limb” is also a nice minute long pick up before the final track.
                I don’t know, man.   The jury is still out on this band for me, but considering that I’ve been listening to it for a number of times now and haven’t immediately written it off, that has to say something about the quality of it.    I mean, if it was that bad I would have just given it an unfavorable review already and moved onto the next thing instead of continuously listening to it and hoping to find a different result.   Maybe that’s it—maybe this music makes me crazy. 
                For more of the same (Kind of a continuation of the album if you will) be sure to also check out “Puppet State Shaman”.    You can download both albums for free on Band Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment