Tuesday, October 7, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Nothing Clean “Demo”


            This is fast paced hardcore punk.  It’s balls to the wall, man.   From 7 Seconds and Gorilla Biscuits to Sick Of It All and the more recent Every Time I Die there are some crushing guitar chords here but all of these songs hit quick and hard.  

            There is that sort of metal vibe, but then also something like Bouncing Souls can come out at the same time (One of their shorter and faster paced songs), which of course also leads me to comparisons of H2O.   

            It ends with the band name being said a lot and I’m left singing (in my mind) something between “Who’s gonna throw the toilet off the roof?” and “I don’t wanna hear it”, which is pretty rad.  Is there a little bit of Locust I sense in here as well??




No comments:

Post a Comment