Tuesday, October 7, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Babestation2 “CORMORAN MUSICA”


            Babestation2 is ambient electro, which doesn’t always seem like a genre but it totally is.   The name “Babestation2” though makes me wonder what happened to Babestation1 or just Babestation.   It makes me think of restaurants, though whenever I see something like “George 3” I just assume the first two Georges burned down.  It also makes me think of when the only real email names were AOL screen names and so you’d get stuck with something like “Babestation2754” because the first 2,753 were taken. 

            This is synth and drum machine powered.   There are siren-ish loops and then the vibe becomes triumphant ala Nas.   It makes you want to dance and because of my constant viewing of “Yo Gabba Gabba” (not my choice) I used the notation of “dancy dance dance”. 

            Through tone loops this can become a little bit more synthwave than ambient electro, and it gets a little bit of funk in it before that Beverly Hills Cop jam sound comes through.   It’s really just so calming and relaxing in the background of it, sort of in a subliminal message way, but then in the front ground it can be heard as energetic and can make you want to get up and move.  I love the juxtaposition of it all. 









No comments:

Post a Comment