Monday, July 7, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Raven "Atomic Garden" (Centipede Farm)



            This is two tracks, and each one is fifteen minutes, as this originally appeared as a cassette but it has since sold out and now can only be downloaded or bought second hand.   Since I do enjoy the work of Raven though, I have found myself downloading and listening to this a lot and not without good cause.

            This is static, distortion and all around just some whirrs.   The best way to describe it is simply to say that it has this tingling at times that reminds me of wind chimes in space.   I recognize that space is different from the planet earth and so there aren’t the same winds and things of that nature, but it is what it is and it is what I hear.    A fine piece of music none the less, and regardless of whether or not you can manage to get it on cassette it still needs to be heard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment