Wednesday, July 9, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: A Million Squeeks Will Do You No Harm “Blue EP”


            Though this is called an EP, it is apparently only one song per side so for all intents and purposes, it might as well be a cassingle and I’m loving that.   The first side is piano and lasers, which for some reason makes me think about being underwater.

            It is ambient electro and also sounds like that one Underworld I know, which means it might be time to start listening to more Underworld songs.  (Maybe one day I’ll learn two.  Are they on any good soundtracks other than Trainspotting??)

            Overall, these are two similar songs, but different enough that they don’t sound exactly the same and can be differentiated as such.   Lately, I’ve heard a lot of music that is electronic ambient and it seems like somewhat of a contradiction in some ways, but A Million Squeeks has shown that it is possible to perfect. 




No comments:

Post a Comment