Friday, May 9, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Raica “Dose” (Furtherrecords)

            This is my second time listening to the music of Raica, and as I checked the Bandcamp and was able to find the link for “Books”, I noticed this album wasn't on there.  Needless to say, a quick search and this came up on the Further Records Bandcamp page rather quickly.   Unfortunately, when you fnd this on the Further Records site, it is sold out as a cassette so I can only hope to get it some other way.

            Compared to “Books” (I guess I'm reviewing them in alphabetical order?), “Dose” doesn't seem to be quite as beats orientated.   It has more of a synth quality to it, which can be both eerie and brooding.  On some levels, yet for the most part somehow, this music can be downright creepy, but in the way that you like a horror movie.  (The Devil's Rejects comes to mind)

            I like that there is a constant rhythm or drone to this.  It seems to be just random sounds looped and stitched together, but like most great works of art there is a definite method to this madness.   As with “Books” before it, “Dose” seems to be very deliberate in its delivery, every single sound executed in a precise and intentional manner.   Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment