Friday, May 9, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: M. Sage “Never the Same River Twice” (Scissor Tail)

            While I typically like this type of music, the whole ambient instrumental with hints of acoustic guitars and FNL is just not doing it for me this time around.   I don't know if it's something inside of me that is missing, or if this is just lacking something that other albums like this have.   In either case, I definitely know I should be feeling something based upon these sounds and it is just not there.

            Oddly enough, I remember listening to this enough times thinking, “Yeah, I'll get it”, and so I put it onto a CD.  I then eventually decided that, no, I'm not getting this one, and yet it still kicks off a most excellent CD I made.  So now, it is worth my noting that I won't fast forward through these tracks before I get into the rest of my CD, but rather continue to listen to them, hoping to find that something missing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment