Friday, May 9, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Beat Vermilion "BV001"

            While I'm not entirely certain as to why I downloaded this four song EP from Beat Vermilion, I am glad that I did.  These days, I seem to only have the time to listen to MP3s if they are my only means of reviewing something that is otherwise on cassette.  This particular piece seems to have no ties with cassettes, so I'm not sure how I got here.

            Regardless, this is some high energy rock music that combines the best qualities of Stone Temple Pilots, Filter, Blind Melon and Alice in Chains.  And I realize that by mentioning those bands, this is going to appear to be some sort of grunge or radio rock, but really it is not.  It still seems more down to earth and connected like a band such as Far.

No comments:

Post a Comment