Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Vita Bassa S/T (Driftwood Records)


            If nothing else, the brash hardcore style of Vita Bassa proves just how out of touch I am with the current hardcore and metal scene.  I haven’t really been actively paying attention to the scene since the early ‘00’s and only recently did I realize that there were still some fragments out there that didn’t completely ruin the name that I once loved.

            I can only really compare this with Bane or Converge, though it’s really just brutal, short and to the point.  I do want to listen to more of the modern hardcore and metal for reference, as most of my points seem so blah these days, but yeah, this is a really solid piece of music right here and I’m glad that music of this kind that is this good still exists today and wasn’t just a late 1990’s fad.  





No comments:

Post a Comment