Friday, April 18, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Synthetic Life Group “Retron”


            As much I kind of like these weird beats with Megatron mixes that bring out the slashing of the pig and the skipping of the record, I do need to note that this is on Bandcamp at a Name Your Price Download, but is also available as a cassette.   This comes from the UK though, so when converted and with shipping it’s something like $15 for the tape.

            I’m not saying that $15 is too much for a cassette, nor am I implying that this cassette is particularly bad in any way, but I just can’t justify paying that much for almost any cassette because even with shipping most of them tend to stay under $10 (The international shipping rate doesn’t help) 

            So, for now, if you listen to this and enjoy it, give them maybe $3 to $5 depending upon what you can afford and how much you like it.  I’m almost definitely not going to buy a copy of this tape physically, but if it was to ever make its way to the U.S. and become more affordable in that sense (i.e. Get a U.S. Release), then I would totally be all over it and here with a different story for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment