Friday, April 18, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Mall Security “Completely Unmarketable” (Virtual Urban Records)


                Mall Security brings me into the second installment of releases by Virtual Urban Records, whom I totally think need to start putting out these pieces of music on cassettes.

                When I was a kid, somewhere before my teens, I used to frequent the mall.  We always had this theory about mall security, and how they weren’t really cops because if you wanted to avoid getting into trouble with them all you had to do was, um, leave the mall.   This instantly makes me quite fond of Mall Security as a musical project.

                These are five sort of instrumental tracks that have spatial laser synth.  We do get some sort of vocals on “the human voice”, but we might as well chalk this one up to being instrumental.  There are electro beats and we head into that seapunk/8bit territory.   Before all is said and done it does slow down a little bit, which is nice and just gives a good overall feel to what I want to call an EP.

                Along with the name Mall Security, I absolutely love the album title as well and just see this as a great work of music all around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment