Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Thelma and the Sleaze “These Boots Won’t Lick Themselves EP”


            The music of Thelma and the Sleaze, throughout these five songs, is somewhere between punk rock n roll and psychedelic metal, if such a genre even exists.   I’ve listened to nearly every genre of music in my time, and when I was eighteen I listened to a lot of Marilyn Manson.  I bought “Smells Like Children”, but got the version where he covers L7 songs instead.  In many ways, that reminds me of Thelma and the Sleaze.

            These are just some great old fashioned distorted guitar riffs, the soul of Janis Joplin and modern contemporaries with One-Eyed Doll on some level as well.   This also has its bits of instrumental portions of the cassette, as not all songs need to be flat out sing alongs, and I do enjoy that as well.

            Thelma and the Sleaze just seems to be one of those bands that either you know them and love them or just haven’t heard of them yet.   For those who have not yet heard them, here is your introduction.   You’re welcome. 





No comments:

Post a Comment