Sunday, March 2, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: John the Conqueror "The Good Life" (Alive)

             I try to find the good in every band that I can, and I do remember the Alive label from way back in the day when Two Gallants was on it.   They had some good bands back then, so I was kind of hoping that maybe they still would and so seeing this release piqued my interest simply because of the label name.

            The particular blend of classic rock bordering on country with guitar driven riffs that John the Conqueror demonstrate may sound familiar to you and if it does, you are not alone.   This is pretty much the music that ZZ Top has made their name off of for the past thousand years.   And with ZZ Top showing no signs of slowing down, I struggle to find a reason as to why this album should exist.  


No comments:

Post a Comment