Monday, March 31, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Mopfunk “Pillars of Hermes” (Occult Research)



            I like this music because it’s funky and the rhythms don’t really seem to be on repeat as much as just there for you to dance to until the drugs wear off.   It’s somewhere between that 1980’s movie soundtrack and something you’d see on “Invader Zim”.   I’m definitely vibing on these funky beats and synth.

            My dilemma with this tape is that when I found it on Band Camp, there were only 9 of the 50 copies remaining.  Now, as I come back to look it up before writing about it, there are only two copies remaining.  This is a cassette that I would really like to own, for sure, but it doesn’t look like it is in the cards for me as it is now a race between whether or not I can get one of the last two copies in time or not.

            The Band Camp page for this does have some great pictures, however, and you can name your price for the download.   Just as a price point comparison, the cassette itself is $6.66 (No, I’m not joking) plus $3.50 to ship within the U.S.   If you download this and don’t want to feel dirty, I highly recommend paying $6.66 to Occult Research and I bet they will be ever so pleased that you did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment