Friday, March 7, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Clay Venezia / ZrteO / Cape Thief split cassette (Asset Cassettes)


                This is a funny little tape, it is.   I’m not sure whether or not  I like it based upon listening to it several times, yet I’m not sure if I’ll ever really know but I still might go back and listen to it—heck, I’m even thinking about buying it on cassette if it’s still available when the urge hits me again (it is an edition of only 10)

                These songs have quite a few audio clips with dance beats behind them.   It reminds me of The Chemical Brothers if only because I can hear the “Bones” theme song coming out, which probably has its own name.   ZrteO has a song with the line being looped that says “You must learn to obey” and yeah, that gets stuck in my head.

                This could very easily be done by the same band as opposed to a three way split, but whatever.  Every time I think I don’t care about it, I find myself singing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment