Wednesday, March 19, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Audrey Horne “Black as Midnight on a Moonless Night”



            I will be the first to admit that I have never seen the television series “Twin Peaks” that so many people seem to love these days (and reference in music for whatever reason), but one day I will watch it and based on the amount of references to it I keep seeing it’s going to most likely be sooner than later.

            These five guitar driven songs are based on the series and they might make more sense to me if I had ever seen a single episode.  I’m assuming, based on the Band Camp address, that Audrey Horne is in fact a character from the show and thus the alias Michael Prendergast is performing under, but who can really say without knowing the show or a Google search.


            In some ways, this does remind me of the soundtrack to “Bored to Death”, which is a show I absolutely loved, so that just furthers my theory that I do need to put some time aside soon to watch “Twin Peaks”.   It might not be until next winter though because as the weather gets warmer I really need to spend more time outside and less time watching television.  

No comments:

Post a Comment