Friday, March 7, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Wires & Relays "Wires & Relays" (Tumeric Magnitudes)

 http://turmericmagnitudes.bandcamp.com/album/wires-relays-3

               When I listen to music, especially on tapes, I like to think about what the songs remind me of and where they take my scattered mind rather than, you know, the nuances and facets others may very well take from the music. 

                For me, Wires & Relays begins as a distress signal from some remote island.  That is what I hear on Side A: someone asking for help because they are stranded and need rescuing.  On Side B the tune quickly changes though as I can only really describe it as the sound of static being eaten by fire.

                This leads me to conclude that whomever was seeking the help on Side A, was in fact saved but then went on to brutally murder their rescuer on the flip side.  Perhaps this is a story that could be told through animation, live action whatever and this is just the soundtrack to it but part of this music is visual to me and that’s the story I see. 






No comments:

Post a Comment