Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: together PANGEA "Badillac" (Harvest)


            Recently, a most excellent animated video was released for the song “Cat Man” and that had me feeling like together PANGEA was a band that I’d like to hear more music from.   So then out comes “Badillac” and I must admit that I am left rather impressed. 

            One of the first misconceptions that someone might have (Even me at one point) is that since together PANGEA seems to associate themselves with all of the Burger Records bands, you’d think that this was some generic garage punk.  Thinking that would be incorrect and I apologize for ever even thinking it.

            The songs on here are of a distorted punk metal quality and bring to mind Black Sabbath, as a generally widely accepted comparison.  (I don’t want to make references to too many other bands that people might not know // Black Sabbath is pretty universal)


            Though the titular track does have hints of that Buddy Holly garage, a song such as “Depress” more closely digs up the sounds of a band like Nirvana.   On the whole, this makes me think of a band that would fit in perfectly with the album titled “The Beavis and Butthead Experience”(which was the first compact disc I ever owned) and, well, if Beavis and Butthead would rock out to them rather than mock them then this band must be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment