Friday, February 14, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Cheatahs "Cheatahs" (Wichita)


             Every so often (Though now it seems to be more often than before) I listen to a band that I have never heard of before and am just completely floored by them.   It’s one of those things that makes me happy because I find the music enjoyable, but then I’m also left kicking myself, like, “How did I not know about this?  What else am I missing out on??”

            Their self-titled album begins as something sort of shoegaze, and it maintains those sort of undertones throughout but it also closer to an alternative rock/grunge feel as well.  It brings out bands like Smoking Popes, Soul Asylum, Matthew Sweet and Local H.   For something more modern, I also hear bits of pieces of the melodic distortion of Metric in here.

            Definitely a pleasant surprise, I am not happy to rock this one proudly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment