Thursday, February 13, 2014

CASSETTE REVIEW: Tired Wires “Hark” (Already Dead)


                The first instrumental band I ever heard that I really liked, dare I say understood, was The Cancer Conspiracy.  I remember hearing about them, getting their CD because I was a cool press dude, and then I ended up seeing them open for The Dismemberment Plan and Damn Personals something like a thousand times.

                There is some piano in these here songs, which I would be willing to peg at being a notch above the pace of ambient music.  They remind me of Aloha and even Gary Jules, but then they mostly just take me back to that time when I first fell in love with The Cancer Conspiracy.

                I’m not sure why, but The Cancer Conspiracy album that I had (Probably still have somewhere) was always good to put on whilst swimming.  It’s the perfect combination that allows you to relax yet still move.   “Hark” would be amazing for swimming.







No comments:

Post a Comment