Friday, January 3, 2014

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Rubblebucket “Save Charlie”

             This is four songs, but then there are also three remixes paired with it.  When I look at their other music on Spotify, I see a song of theirs remixed by RAC and know that this will be good before I even listen to it. 

            In many ways, this synth pop type of music reminds me of something from my youth (my youth youth) like The Go-Go’s or just some sort of pop rock that’s rather upbeat.   To more of a modern extent, I can hear the guitar hooks of a band like The Cardigans, who I feel don’t get enough deserved credit. 

            In a lot of ways, this reminds me of a band such as Sleigh Bells only without the heavy distortion and in just more of a fun way versus a heavy way.  It is really quite good though and I now shall go back and listen to all Rubblebucket ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment