Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CASSETTE REVIEW: Empire “In the Silence of the Night” (Turn of the Century Records)

                I got this tape along with a few others and a CD as part of a deal through TOTC Records.  The one tape I did know was Deathdealer, so I was kind of expecting this to be… I don’t know… not this hardcore.  Haha.

                They’re screamo.  They’re melodic.  They remind me of Grade or a heavier version of From Autumn to Ashes.   It’s orchestral.  It’s triumphant.   It also seems to channel The Hope Conspiracy, Thrice and The Dedication.

                Though only two songs per side, this music has to get you pumped up.  It caught me off guard, but it was definitely a pleasant surprise, reminding me back to the days when Victory Records and EVR were both still good and I’d get tapes like this as samplers.

http://empirenc.bandcamp.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment