Tuesday, October 29, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: Trailer Trash Tracys “Ester”

            One of the things that I have been doing to broaden my music horizons, if you will, (As if I need more music to listen to when my proverbial cup already seem to runneth over), is looking at the related artists on Spotify to the bands that I listen to and like or even don’t like. 

            Well, this band has come up quite a number of times, so I finally decided to break down and listen to this album to see just what it was all about.   Boy did it take me on a ride. 

            This music can be kind of trippy, or like Flaming Lips with beats, but then also I sometimes feel like I’m going through that Willy Wonka tunnel.  It isn’t really bad, but my advice to them when making another album after this would be to try and find a sound and make it their own as this comes off sounding a lot like “Lucy” era Beatles. 


            Again, this isn’t bad; it’s just not the best.  Would I see this band live?  For free, sure!  But they’re not on my favorites list yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment