Friday, September 20, 2013

SPOTIFY REVIEW: iamamiwhoami “Bounty”

                Initially this album caught me off guard.  The first song is laced with Megatron vocals, which just made me think this was going to be some electronica piece of garbage like I’ve reviewed (or listened to and didn’t feel worth reviewing) before. 

                I’m glad I stuck around past the first song though, because it then turns into some female vocals over music that can be anywhere between that all too familiar Ladytron/Polly Scattergood sound of the modern, but also it can go back to a band such as say early ‘90’s Duran Duran.

                The song titles are single letters which make up the word “Bounty”, though the last two songs have somewhat proper names and some letters repeat.   So by the song called “U-2”, which is in no way related to that Bono band, the album really begins to pick up and I love it that much more.


                I’ve listened to “Bounty” a fair number of times now and I just feel like it gets better every time I listen to it.   I’ve been listening to this for free on Spotify (I’m told it gives bands royalties), though I am going to go out of my way to find this on either record or CD.   Cassette would be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment