Wednesday, September 18, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Lost In Kiev “Motions” (VOTU001)


                While I have grown used to songs being played musically in the background over people speaking, Lost In Kiev takes that to a new level with this album.  We begin with female vocals speaking over a post rock or even post rock sort of sound musically.

                The music itself can get very heavy, actually.  It reminds me of Deftones for some reason, though Thursday also comes out. 

                Then, on the second song, we have the male vocals speaking over a similar song.  

                What kind of caught me off guard I guess you’d say is that these two voices eventually collide on the third song and they begin talking to each other.  


                I’m not sure if there is a name for this type of music, but since it is unlike anything I have ever heard before, I shall give it one.   I will call this:  post-telephone.  Why?  Because it reminds me of the old days when people used to talk on their phones and not just text, use them for the internet, etc.  Plus, it’s somewhere between post rock and post punk, so we need a “post” in the new subgenre I am creating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment