Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CD REVIEW: Black Moth “The Killing Jar”

                After listening to this CD way too many times, I have come to two conclusions.   First, there is still room for a lot of female lead bands in the music scene today, and especially in the mainstream.   And secondly, perhaps there is too much room for some of these bands.

                Black Moth has a sound that goes from L7 (quite a bit) to Dead Sara and then also One-Eyed Doll.  They don’t have quite the same line of thought in their lyrics as OED, but the overall sound is still there.  

                What I find funny about this CD is that I like it.  If it was a male singing lead vocals and I could easily compare it to two or three other prominent bands, I’d be much quicker to write it off and move onto the next piece of music out there.


                So despite this being a cross between L7 and One-Eyed Doll (with a splash of Dead Sara), I find myself going back to listen to it over and over again… why, I am still not certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment