Sunday, July 28, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: hearts bonfire “and so the beast has opened its eyes”

                In my notes, I described this album as being “not cool enough for seapunk, too loud for ambient” and I stand by that still, even though I did really end up liking this in the end.

                The second song comes in with a piano and the overall tone of the album shifts from one of pop to doom.   It gets dark and gloomy and you can sense it right away (after that first song) 


                There exists elements in these songs that could pull them toward The Breakfast Club side of the musical genre pool, and they also express some X-Files qualities, but for the most part I like to think of this as being the soundtrack in the trailer of some indie movie.   

1 comment:

  1. I guess if everyone was looking at YOUR notes, then we'd all feel the same. No one cares about the notes, especially yours. This review isn't even about the album. It's about your music preference and what YOU like in the first place. I guess writing this review, while watching the x-files when someone is complaining they have never seen The Breakfast Club, is a great way to half heartedly fill in missing material that you couldn't come up with from what is already obvious. Burn your blog. Those graphics are shit.

    ReplyDelete