Sunday, July 28, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Alligator Indian “Spring I’m In” (Bleeding Gold Records)

                This album is pretty much flawless from start to finish.   It has a sound that is overall rock, yet can change from song to song in enough ways to always keep you on your toes.   Musically, it is one of the most brilliant things I have ever heard in my life and the use of male and female vocals should serve as an example to all trying to do so.

                Even a song like “Ice & Asteroids” cannot hinder my enjoyment of this CD, and it has this spoken word quality that almost makes this sound like some sort of weird rap.  (It’s okay also possibly too because I’ve loved Donnie Wahlberg since I was a young music fan)

                The only problem with this album that I have is the lyrics, one line in particular. 

                In the song “Gamesss”, this line gets me:

 “I was born so many years ago / And I was told anything was possible / Yet as I grew I heard  you’d been untrue / Is this the world that you wanted for me?”


                As I heard that line or two sung during that song, I completely stopped what I was doing.  I don’t remember what I was doing exactly, but it was probably either typing or downloading music.   I just froze.   I tried not to cry.   And I wanted this guy out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment