Saturday, May 11, 2013

SBSR: Village “Nowhere”

VillageNowhere
Name Your Price Download

<1> “Nowhere” – Here comes the guitar.  This is almost grunge.  Now it kicks in almost garage.  Let me listen a second to see how it all plays out.  The drumming in the background makes me think of Smashing Pumpkins.   Oh, I love these female vocals.   She has such a pretty voice.  She sounds kind of like someone familiar but I can’t place who.  It doesn’t matter, I could listen to her voice over dubstep.  Okay, maybe not dubstep, but almost anything else.   This song is about going nowhere, hence the title, so it reminds me of “1979”, which happens to be Smashing Pumpkins.  I can’t really place the music to anyone specifically though, which is good because it means they’re helping craft their own sound.  The drums are constant like a drum roll, while the lighter guitars come in with just a hint of bass.  The guitars could almost be FNL, but that’s why they’re shoegaze I suppose.   Aww, I really like the way that song ends too.
<2> “Claustro” – Here come more guitar notes.   Now it’s quiet.  And now it’s dreamy.  Is this dream pop?  Probably.  This song is like a lullaby.  The guitar notes are hypnotizing me to sleep.  Luckily, I am an insomniac so nothing can get me to sleep.  Ooooh, more of these vocals.  Just keep singing, I don’t care what the music sounds like or what you’re singing about.  She’s singing about the place being small, but there’s room for two.   Now her heart is small but there’s room for you.  Does she mean me?   This is kind of trippy.  I notice I’ve been saying that about more music lately, so I kind of feel like I’m losing it, but this really is hypnotic and so it feels kind of trippy.  I could only imagine how it sound if I played out of big speakers whilst on actual narcotics.   I really hope this band has more music on Band Camp other than just these two songs.  I’ll have to look into that after I snap out of this trance.   This song is a lot mellower than the first song.  It’s slightly quieter, but it’s slower paced too.  Oh, and now it’s over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment