Saturday, May 11, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: THE OCEAN BLUE "Ultramarine"

THE OCEAN BLUE "Ultramarine"
$11.99 to download / free to stream

            According to their Wikipedia page, this band formed in 1989 and hasn’t released an album since 1999.   They’re the type of band that I probably should have heard of before now, and apparently they had quite a run previously, but hey, their new wave sound fits quite well in this world of shoegaze now so I am not surprised to see them release an album after fourteen years.  I also fully expect other bands I forgot about or never heard of before but were signed to major labels in the 80s and 90s to potentially make new music and call it shoegaze.

            This isn’t bad, I’m just unaware of all of the history that goes with it and I really don’t care to know about it either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment