Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SBSR: Bleached "Francis and Carter"

[Please Note: This review was written a while back, misfiled and is coming to you now courtesy of spring cleaning.  Enjoy]
Bleached "Francis and Carter"

<1> “No Friend of Mine” – This song starts off with almost a country twang to it, but then quickly turns into some fast paced 1960’s rock ala The Hollies.   It is actually quite good.   The song seems like it won’t last three minutes and I like it. 
<2> “Dazed” – This is the second song on the “Francis” 7”, which I wouldn’t mind owning now after hearing the first song.   This song comes on with a bit more bass, but it still maintains the same overall sound of the first song.   We have a nice surf guitar type solo just before the minute song.   And at about 1:21, this song is done.  
<3> “Electric Chair” – These next two tracks make up “Carter”, which only makes me think of Family Guy.  Or Gary Carter, in which case I’m sad.    Yeah, you could definitely call this garage rock.  I’m digging it. 
<4> “Searching Through the Past” – This has the fun stops and starts and is somewhere between what was previously mentioned and The Mr. T Experience.   And it is only during this song (because of the lyrics) that I do some research and find out the singer is indeed female.   From the first three songs, I would have never known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment