1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
1. Fuck, I hate answering questions directly relating to my opinion of the band I'm in. Just listen for yourself. Don't let my dumb ass skew your opinion of our band. If you like us, cool, maybe we'll see you at a show. If not, bummer. You can't win 'em all
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
2. Music has been moving into a virtual age for a while now. With more and more aspects of playing in a band being done online (promoting, managing, networking, etc.) it is only natural that the evolution of music would make its way into the virtual world. As for downloading songs for free, I can agree with you to some extent. I feel that it is great in the sense that you can listen to and experience the band before buying a potentially horrible record. However, I feel you should just get a taste of the record/band. A tease. Just the tip. And then if you find yourself yearning for more you can, god forbid, support a band and buy a record. Then we'll slip it all the way in.
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
3. As much as the internets role is in music, I feel that record labels play an equal role. Especially DIY labels. They help many local bands who would otherwise have neither the time nor resources to put out a physical record of their own and put them in record stores. Any schmuck can write a song and upload it on youtube. But the good ole fashioned way of playing shows, hitting the road, and doing shit yourself will always have a better chance of succeeding than hiding behind a screen.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
4. For me personally I would choose Red Fang, QOTSA, Hot Snakes, The Shrine or any band that I would enjoy seeing every night really. Touring is my favorite thing to do in the entire world and we are lucky enough to be going on tour with OFF! and Negative Approach in Feb. so we are unbelievably stoked on that. Still amazed we were put on that tour.
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
5. George than Paul than John than Ringo
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
6. Jack Black for sure! Dude blows minds with his fucking powerful voice which required no use of a microphone!