Thursday, March 7, 2013

CD REVIEW: Center of the Sun “Machine Gun”

Center of the Sun “Machine Gun”
            Whenever I get albums for review, I never like to read about them.  This is a common known fact because I feel like it blurs my perception of what they’re going to sound like.   As easily as someone could say “This band sounds like Dave Matthews” and you could respond “Well, I don’t like his music”, you could be let down by a band not living up to expectations if they are compared to a band you do like. 
            With that being said, based on the name and album title I expected this band to sound like something along the lines of Deftones (don’t ask me why) but it doesn’t, which is for the best I do suppose. 
            The lesson here, my friends, is to not judge a book by its cover or a band by its name, which I knew from the first time I heard Murder by Death.   But yes, this band has that sort of electronic synth rock sound that makes me think of Metric probably because it’s like the first time I heard Metric.  Such a good album, such a good band.

No comments:

Post a Comment