1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
1st that they enjoyed of course and that they can feel something maybe could help in their everyday life even it is a bad or a good situation!
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
Of course things has changed! I think that's because of the new technology! Today everyone uses a smartphone for example or iPod's and that makes it more easier for them downloading music and have it at any moment of the day! But there are also some other reasons for sure… But I'm not afraid of that because there are still music lovers and collectors who still love the physical thing and the vinyl is coming back more and more as the cassettes too! It's a more bad period for the CD I think…
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
I don't know… I think there are positive and negative points related to that. For an artist it is very positive because like you mention you can build a strong fan base in that way and that helps also to find a label in that way if they see that the artists has potential because he is really followed by good amount of people! That was not really possible before! The label could only listen to the demo tape and that's it! Also labels are happy with this system because they are also using it to sell their stuff even physical or digital! So I think it's not a such dramatic situation as people sometimes mention it! Yes maybe more for the mainstream scene, but that's also normal! When you see what price they are asking for a CD or ticket show!!! Then after they are astonished about the situation ;) But that's my opinion! I mean we also have to know that times has changed and things evolute as well, ok sometimes too fast! I agree with that too! ;)
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
There are several bands artists that of course I would like to tour with! I will not mention any name just because there could be a lot! ;)
In March 2013 I will make a mini tour with fOfy and I'm really happy about that, and I'm pretty sure that it will be nice as it could be with any known act! ;)
All I want is to meet great people and having a great time with like I had on this 10 days Tour with Gonjasufi Tour around Germany and Austria...
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
I like XXYYXX, Twos, Mountain Range, that I add on my last Mixtape for example… But there are lots of great and young new producers! I receive lots of e-mails for young producers who want to hear my opinion and that makes me glad!
But again the list could be huge! I gladly invite everyone to listen to my Mixtapes on Soundcloud where I add most of time new young producers among known ones.
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
As for my personal music taste I would say Jack White ;)