Monday, February 25, 2013

CD REVIEW: Modern Baseball “Sports”

Modern BaseballSports
                Modern Baseball reminds me of The Hotel Year in the way that they’re ushering in a new era of punk rock that sounds more like a confessional than an album.   The way these lyrics come out, it reads more like a diary or an interview than what of you think of typical song lyrics sounding like.
                In the second song, “Tears Over Beers”, there is a great background “Aw c’mon” which reminds me a lot of Say Anything, yet the overall chorus sound can be easiest compared to that one Guttermouth song at the end of “Gorgeous”. 
                With hints of Piebald and some random punk bands I really like the lyrics and melody of “@chl03k”.   It combines the pains of social media with the line that gets stuck in my head the most of “I couldn’t give a fuck whether you give a fuck or not”.    It reminds me most of this meme, which makes me love it that much more:
                Yes, it is no coincidence that I took a while to review this one because I simply kept listening to it and “never got around to it” because it was on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment