Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SBSR: Flight Tonight s/t

Flight Tonight s/t

<1> “You” - We begin with some ambient soul and then the vocals kick in with a drum machine and I’m wondering if this is some kind of slowed down version of an R&B group I once listened to in the 1990s.  Now we’re getting some interesting guitar parts over beats.  Just after a minute and a half we get some space keys which are a nice touch.  The drum machine and vocals are back.  This is definitely looping.  Instead of shoegaze, I’d want to call this stargaze.   Is that an actual genre yet?

<2> “From Me” – This is a bit more space than the first song.  It has that almost new wave feel but also reminds me of The Illegal Wiretaps in ways.    He just keeps saying the same things over and over again, but I’m cool with that.  I know he’s not saying it, but I keep hearing “Girl… Jamal”.

<3> “Never Not” – And the final song begins with waves crashing into rising synth.  This song just turned into a fun instrumental dance number with lasers and it will probably just end this way as well.   Let’s see.   Yes, that is pretty much how it ends as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment