1) What do you want people to hear most when they hear your music?
The super sonic cowbell
2) Having music on Band Camp, along with other such platforms in music right now such as Sound Cloud, Spotify and others, do you feel that music is moving into a virtual age? Personally, I fully support the idea of downloading songs for free from Band Camp and then if I like them buying them on vinyl.
I'm definitely all for the virtual age we live in. There will always be a place for tangible music but I'm the same way when it comes it listening to music before I buy it. I'm a total nerd when it comes to exclusive torrent trackers and building my itunes. Any musician who throws a little tissy fit about people pirating music can suck a bag of dicks!
3) How important of a factor do you feel that record labels play in music these days when pretty much anyone can put their music on the internet as opposed to having to hand out demo tapes at shows, the distribution record labels can offer, etc. It just seems like it’s a bit easier these days to succeed as a band- and even build up a strong fan base- before a label possibly comes calling for you.
Anyone can start they're own record label and they should! We just did it with Slop Bop Records, HOLLA! I guess it really depends on the Label and what they have to offer you. Burger Records put out our jams and set up a U.S. tour back in 2010 which helped get the word out way more than dicking around on the computer. Also, If there's a label that puts out music that you adore it's nice to aspire having your music released by them as a goal. I feel like the digital age is amazing to a point but you can't just record great records, post them on bandcamp and never play shows. There's making records and there's the live shows. They're both equally crucial.
4) If you could tour with any single band or musician who would you pick and why?
Randy Newman.. duh
5) Who is your favorite New Kid on the Block?
Marky Mark's brother. He freaked me out in the Six Sense and he tain't to shabby in Band of Brothaz
6) Who would win in a musical fight: Jack Black or Jack White?
Jack White hands down. Didn't you see what he did to that Von Bondies douche? Jack Black is fucking annoying and out of shape. I saw him in person once and he was morbidly obese. I almost puked in my own mouth. If I never heard another Tenacious D song i could die a little happier.