Friday, April 20, 2012

SBSR: The Illegal Wiretaps “A Secret I Can’t Decode”

Recently, I’ve been downloading and listening to music like crazy from Band Camp.   This is a review of a group of songs by the same band I got from Band Camp- usually it constitutes an EP.   This is a song-by-song review and it is never to exceed six songs.   At the end, I will tell you the “Recommended Downloading Level”, which means whether or not I think you should spend your time downloading these songs.   It’s on a scale from 1 to 5, 5 meaning that you should stop reading my review and download these songs immediately and 1 meaning that if you even think about downloading these songs your computer will be infected with a horrific bad music virus.   Enjoy.
The Illegal Wiretaps “A Secret I Can’t Decode”
01: “Promises” [3:28] -- We open with what sounds like something out of the late 1980’s/early 1990’s.   This is like a much better version of Depeche Mode to me.   It’s not quite as dark, as it’s slightly more upbeat, but it has a nice sort of fast pace to it.   Wow, I’m in love with this song after hearing it just once and it’s not really pop.
02: “Like It’s the End of the World” [5:47] -- This song is a bit slower, but still maintains the overall sound we heard in the first one.   It kind of reminds me of the “(Don’t You) Forget About Me” song, which brings me back to The Breakfast Club, which really makes me happy.
03: “Comfort Colored in Black” [3:46] -- Another fast paced song like the first one.   Amateur writers would compare this to the sounds of The Killers, but I think it sounds more closely like Joy Division. 
04: “A Secret I Can’t Decode” [5:39] -- You can really hear the synth in the start of this song, like Nine Inch Nails but not quite as heavy yet.  Awesome title track.   He will not let you get away with it.
05: “Death by a Thousand Cuts” [7:27] I really like the vocals on this one, and let’s face it, by this point you really shouldn’t have to be convinced to like this EP any more.   You should already be sold on it.
                Simply put:  You need to download this EP because it is free and it is awesome.
Recommended Downloading Level:  5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment