Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Professional Wrestling Review: You Can't CWC Me! - Week 9 Review




It's the finals of the Elite 8 and as such we're going into a live special next week with the Final Four which I am still not entirely certain about but I know Johnny Gargano mentioned it on NXT.     Though I know ZSJ was going to win, the other match was up in the air much like last week with Ibushi being the clear winner and Gran Metalik-Tozawa being undecided (Though it is becoming increasingly more obvious during this tournament that Gran Metalik was going to win).    And perhaps the best part now as well is that we have the Final Four set and from here we could really see anyone win to spoil my ZSJ-Ibushi finals.


Match One: Zack Sabre Jr. def. Noam Dar

This match was tough because you knew ZSJ was going to win even though Noam Dar was announced for the Cruiserweight Division on RAW and ZSJ seems to not be signing with WWE at this time.   ZSJ put on a good show and won this match, obviously, but not without looking like he could have really been defeated by Noam Dar at any point.   This match just really made Noam Dar look strong even though he lost.  I was kind of surprised by that actually, as it makes it look Noam Dar good, sure, but it kind of makes you wonder if ZSJ can barely defeat Noam Dar here what are his chances against Gran Metalik in the Final Four?  I know that's going to be a hell of a match and as much as I want to predict the ZSJ win Gran Metalik has casted enough doubt in my mind that there might be a shocking upset.


Match Two: TJ Perkins def. Rich Swann 

I liked this match because aside from it being a great match all around, I had no idea who was going to win.   Rich Swann had made it this far- and was one of the few in this tournament already under a WWE contract- and I've been rather impressed by him, but at the same time you could say the same for TJP, who has literally wrestled just about everywhere other than WWE.    TJP-Ibushi is going to be a great Final Four match and even though I strongly expect Kota Ibushi to win for the ZSJ-Ibushi finals... TJP upset Johnny Gargano, so at this point I'm not really sure what will happen and that is so much more exciting to me than anything I can recall in recent WWE history.


As I sit here, finishing this, it is Wednesday and the Finals are tonight.  They are airing them in a two hour block, so I assume it will be the first two matches, some non-tournament matches and then the finals will be at the end.   I don't know if two hours is enough time, but it's live and it's on The WWE Network so if they go over it's not like anyone is going to stop them.   Should be one of the best things you see in pro wrestling all year and, well, I'll be watching it live with my thoughts to come eventually.  



No comments:

Post a Comment