Friday, May 9, 2014

MP3 REVIEW: Raica “Books” (Furtherrecords)

            To say that “Books” has beats is to say that a zebra has stripes.  While both might be true statements, they don't fully encompass all of the aspects of the music or animal.   There are ambient and even ominous tones to this music, which can change levels from dance to relaxing.  I almost want to call it trance, but it also borders on hip-hop on some levels.

            Throughout the various sounds and progressions, you can be taken many different places and one of them is certainly into outer space.   Perhaps the best quality of this piece of music is that while listening to it for the first time, I immediately knew I wanted to listen to it again to see where else it could take me.

            “Books” by Raica is to be best experienced through headphones.  It is available on cassette, though I am reviewing it via compact disc (Don't ask, long story), so I do fully plan on getting this as a cassette and so should you.   I also have a feeling that I will now be comparing music such as this to Raica now for some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment